Renaming the Title column in Tickets list requires additional configurations in the application
Applies to: SharePoint On-premises and Online
To rename “Title” column in tickets list, please go to Application Administration –> Configure Lists –> Configure Tickets –> edit “Title” field and rename it as needed. In this example, we are renaming to "Issue Title"
After renaming the Title column, please go to “Notifications” section in Application Administration, edit all the notification utilities and update <<Title>> place holder with new title column place holder within angular braces (eg: <<Issue Title>>) in all the mail templates of the notification Utlities. For example, see below sample screenshot, "Title" column is referenced in different places and we need to replace all occurrances.
Few areas to consider in SharePoint On-Premises helpdesk:-
– Rename "Title" column in "Recurring Ticket Templates" and "Archived Tickets" lists as well.
– Go to list settings of Tickets list –> Crow Canyon Advanced Email Settings –> Update <<Title>> place holder in the Mail Template.
– If there are any custom alerts setup using Crow Canyon Workflow Mananger/ Alert Manager (V3.7 helpdesk) or Infowise Smart Alert Pro/Infowise Smart Action Pro (V3.0 helpdesk), update the mail templates as needed.
Few areas to consider in SharePoint Online helpdesk:-
– Go to "Crow Canyon Mail Templates" settings in tickets list ribbon and update the title place holder in mail templates.
– If there are any custom alerts setup using Crow Canyon Workflow Mananger, go to "Manage Mail Templates" in Crow Canyon Workflow Manager app and update them as needed.