Applies To: SharePoint Online and On-Premises
To improve performance of the tickets list forms in Crow Canyon Service desk application, we can try below configurations:
1. Hide all the unused columns (columns which are not present in the tabs) from content types.
To verify unused columns, go to Site Contents –> Tickets list –> List Settings –> Verify the columns which are not used in the tabs and hide all the columns from content type which are not being used in tabs.
2. Make sure the column order in Tabs and Content types are same.
3. Index Lookup columns in Associated lists so that the associated items can load faster Eg: Index “Related Ticket ID” field in Email Tickets list since Email History is an associated item in tickets list.
4. To improve performance of list views, index the columns in the tickets list that are used in view filters so that the view could load faster.
See below table for different columns that could be indexed in Crow Canyon helpdesk application.
|Field Name|| List Name
|Request Status||Tickets||Reports, Views|
|Assigned Staff||Tickets||Reports, Views and Workspace|
|Related Problem||Tickets||Problems list|
|Related Ticket ID||Change Request||Associated items|
|Related Ticket ID||Email Tickets|| Associated items, Product Maintenance Service
|Related Ticket||Time Tracking||Associated items|
|Related Ticket||Associated Tasks||Associated items|
|Related Problem||Problem Tasks||Associated items|
|Related Change Request||Change Request Tasks||Associated items|
| Case Id
||Tickets|| Product Maintenance Service (SharePoint online)
|Created||Tickets||Product Maintenance Service (SharePoint online)|
|Modified||Tickets||Product Maintenance Service (SharePoint online)|
|Parent Item||Email Tickets||Product Maintenance Service (SharePoint online)|
|Created||Email Tickets||Product Maintenance Service (SharePoint online)|
5. Verify the number of lookup (lookup + Person or group) columns in Tickets list, if the number of lookup columns exceeded the threshold limit, please delete the unused lookup columns or recreate them as choice fields or text columns.
6. Make sure there are no lookup columns pointing to the same list (Eg: Related Ticket lookup in Ticket list).
7. Configure Archival functionality in helpdesk application
For SharePoint On-Premisis, please refer Archiving Settings section at http://www.crowcanyon.info/sharepoint-manuals-37/index.html
For SharePoint online, please refer https://www.crowcanyon.help/article/193
8. For more details in enhancing NITRO Form load times, please refer https://www.crowcanyon.help/article/426