Applies to: SharePoint On-Premises
Question:- How to increase maxJsonLength property to its maximum value for a SharePoint Web application?
– Go to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories" folder in the SharePoint server.
– Open corresponding folder of the web application for which this property should be modified.
– Edit web.config file and update value of maxJsonLength property to "2147483647". Add an extension like shown below and increase the value if the property isn’t available.
<jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="2147483647" />
1. Repeat this in all the SharePoint servers in case of a multi-server Farm.
2. Take a copy of original web.config file before making any changes as a safety backup.