Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ability to save a Workflow or Custom Action while it is being designed

It would be great to be able to save a Workflow or Custom Action while it is being created without having to complete the configuration of each action first. I like to graphically layout the flow first—after all that's what the Designer version is for—and then fill in the details for each action once the framework is in place. I understand why it shouldn't be published until complete, but using the Save button to periodically save it while working on a project could avoid losing a lot of effort.

It would also be helpful to be able to duplicate (and rename!) actions since there are often parallel paths after a gateway with slightly different actions and adding & configuring the duplicate action(s) creates extra work.

Thank you for your consideration.

DavisA and SherriJ_Novitas have reacted to this post.
DavisASherriJ_Novitas

I'm late to this post, but I wholeheartedly agree. As 2nd tier support, I often have to change gears mid-build to respond to users, and to be able to save w/o having to, best case, throw in some stops to 'complete' the configuration and then figure out where I was when I get back to it would be a game changer.

And being able to duplicate and rename actions would be a god-send!

Hi @pf-amalin and @davisa,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We will add the ability to save the workflows without completing the configurations in coming weeks. For workflows that are not fully configured, publish and debug options will be disabled.

We will also try to add option to duplicate an action. This may take a little longer.

DavisA has reacted to this post.
DavisA