Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Associated Item Configuration

With the new Associated Items column, we are no longer able to configure them on the different forms. We have scenarios where users should only be able to add/edit items from the New form, but not on the Edit forms. They also have the ability to add or edit from the Display form. Is this something we could get back?

Hi Lori,

We can configure read permissions on associated items column in edit and display forms, this will disable the add/edit feature in edit and display forms.

Please go to the list -> List settings -> Crow Canyon NITRO Forms -> Select associated item column and configure the read permissions.

Read is not an option on the Display form...

Uploaded files:
  • 6-16-2021-12-54-29-PM.jpg

Hi Lori,

We will add read permissions support in display form as well and will update you once it is released.

Thank you. We look forward to it.

Hi Lori,

We have added read permissions support for NITRO Associated item column in display form as well. Please clear browser cache and then try.

Since we are on-prem, I assume we have to wait for the next update...?

Hi Lori,

Yes, this support is not released in On-prem, we will send you the latest NITRO Studio package once it is released in On-prem.

I still have issues with the Read-only option on an Associated item. Now it is in the Edit form. I set the field to Read using the Column permissions feature. It does not work. I also set the field to Read on the Edit form itself, also does not work. Good news, it IS disabled on the Display form. 🙂

Hi Lori,

If we apply the read permissions for associated item column in the edit form, then 'New Item' button will be disabled for the associated item column on the form. Please send us the read permissions configuration and also send us the edit form screenshot.