Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Auto fill column with age based on date of birth

Moved this post from other topic:

Hi All

I have a form with [Child 1 DOB] in one column and wish to auto populate the [Child 1 Age] column based on this data.

I managed to get a formula working   =ROUND(((TODAY()-[Child 1 DOB])/365.25),0)&" Years"

BUT it refuses to display on the form. I can add that column from Form Controls but when viewing the form it is missing

Have you tried this?

• In the left-hand column of Forms Designer, go to Advanced>Form Event Actions.
  • Add a + New Configuration; Execute on column value change and add [Child 1 DOB] as the column (you could also check Execute on Form Load if needed)
  • + New Action>Update Form Controls>+ New Mapping
  • [Child 1 Age] as the column
    Add the formula as the Value, or use a JavaScript if needed.
  • Ok/save all the way back out and test.

This is the formula I got working during testing on a calculated value column [Child 1 Age]

=ROUND(((TODAY()-[Child 1 DOB])/365.25),0)&" Years"

but if I put this in th evalue of the New Mapping, it does not calculate but just copies the formula to the [Child 1 Age] column

Not sure how to achieve the same result using the Function list provided.

Suggestions most welcome

Comprehensive list of Functions in NITRO Studio

Hi @ab_nj_it,

Calculated columns are visible only in display form and not in new and edit forms. This is because they are read only columns and we cannot write or modify their values. Please check the calculated column in NITRO display form.

Please note that this behavior of NITRO Forms is same as SharePoint forms.