Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Calculated Fields

Hello,

I am creating a form that is using calculated fields, but when I create the field I am unable to see the field in the Forms Controls to add to the NITRO form.  When I look at the list contents I see the field, but not in the NITRO form application.  Thoughts??

Thank you

Hi,

Out of the box, calculated columns will be shown only in display forms in NITRO Forms. Standard SharePoint forms also have same behavior as values for calculated columns are evaluated after item is saved.

If you are using separate forms for new, edit and display, please switch to display form in NITRO forms designer settings and add the calculated column from Form Control section (see screenshot below).

If we would like to show the calculated columns in new and edit forms, please use form event actions instead of calculated columns. We can setup the form event actions in new and edit forms based on column value change and perform the dynamic calculations in a column before submitting the form.

Please find sample use case from below article.

How to calculate date value dynamically based on other column value changes in the NITRO form?

Uploaded files:
  • Form-Controls.jpg