Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can I call a custom action when a field changes

I have a form where there is a field for a staff meember. Once that field changes I want to update the other fields on the form with thier supervisor and the supervisors manager.  This information is not in a table. I know I can call power automate and update the current table with the information, but want to somehow update the fields on the form also. How to accomplish this? Thanks

Hi @skigeek

This is possible within the context of NITRO Forms. You can use the Auto-fill User Information settings under "Form Settings." See screen shots.

Uploaded files:
  • AutoFillSettings.png
  • AutoFillConfig.png
  • Overwrite.png

Thank you. I have done that in the past for current user and also updates the manager. But it does not fire the managers manager. If I go to the managers field

I can get it to update the first level manager. But i cannot it to update the second level manager. If I go directly into the 1st level manager field and tab out, nothing happens. If I manually change the 1st level manger and exit out of the field, it does populate the 2nd level correctly. So what do I need to do to make it fire the 1st time. Thanks.. I hope this make Sense .

Hi @skigeek,

Please find steps to populate supervisor’s manager using Form Event Actions:

1. Please navigate to NITRO Forms designer for the list > Expand ‘Advanced’ section > Form Event Actions > Configure a FEA on form load as shown in the image.
  2. Column value mapping added in the FEA:

SupervisorManager > $getspuserproperty([Supervisor|Supervisor],manager)

3. Save settings > Publish the NITRO Forms.
Uploaded files:
  • SM_1.png
  • SM_2.png
  • SM_3.png