Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't find the designer

Page 1 of 2Next

We are running version v. 2.0.0.34

According to the help topic Nitro Workflows > Workflow designer at https://www.crowcanyon.info/nitro/appmanual_v2/ I should be able to select "designer" from the new workflow button. However I do not get any option and it launches staright into what looks like the legacy workflow set-up.

Have I missed a step during the upgrade (this is my first time looking for the designer so cannot say if it was in place before).
Upgrade seemed to go fine, the site collection has been updated and activated, site collection features are active

More info:
SharePoint 2019 on premise
3x site collection license
When I go to the configure workflow page I do not see the cog next to new workflow as shown in this video https://www.crowcanyon.com/resources/webinars/nitro-visual-workflow-designer/

I also do not see the "experience" column on the list of configured workflows on the page at _layouts/15/CrowCanyon.WorkflowManager/WorkflowManagerSettings16.aspx

When I click new workflow I do not see the small pop up windo to select list/experience/trigger... I see the usual workflow create and configure page

Hi Jay,

We will schedule a support session to check this.

ok thanks

We're in the same boat as Jay, we can choose 'Designer' when creating a new Custom Action, but not when creating a new Workflow.

Version v. 2.0.0.34
SharePoint 2019 on premise
Unlimited site collection license

NITRO Studio for on-premises is not automatically updated. We send out notices (by email) when there is an update ready for on-premises, but those notices can be easily missed. We can send you the download link for that. Please send an email to support@crowcanyon.com and we will get you set up.

2.0.0.34 doesn't include workflow designer?

It is the email notifications that I use to upgrade

The NITRO Studio Visual Workflow Designer for on-premises was released. I am checking as to which version has it. Certainly, the latest version, 2.0.0.36 has it, but I will let you know precisely which version included it for on-prem customers.

Update: I checked with pf_amalin. He is on SharePoint 2019 using the NITRO Studio 2.0.0.36 and he has the Virtual Workflow Designer when using NITRO Studio Workflows. He had to clear the browser cache to see it.

Thanks for the help, Scott. Simply clearing the cache on my browser took care of it.

For the record, the Visual Workflow Designer for our SharePoint on-premises NITRO Studio customers was released in version 2.0.0.29. If you are on that version or later and do not see the Visual Workflow Designer, please let our support team know. It may be a browser cache issue or something else, but we do all we can to assist so you can use this cool new tool!

Quote from pf-amalin on March 15, 2022, 7:11 pm

Thanks for the help, Scott. Simply clearing the cache on my browser took care of it.

Clearing the browser cache worked on our Development system. But I updated our Production system to 2.0.0.36 and it still doesn't show the Designer option after about an hour of trying on two different workstations and the server, using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Brave browsers and clearing the cache on each. I'll give it some more time and try some other things and report back.

Page 1 of 2Next