Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Get value of the column in columns mapping for associated items

Hi,

I have an associated item column on the main list – please see the picture 1.

To pass the “On Behalf Of” information to the associated item form, I used “Column Mappings” setting – the picture 2.

Then I want to get other information, for example, Cost Center, based on the “On Behalf Of” value in the associated item form – picture 3. But it seems “On Behalf Of” value is null at the time the form loads.

I also tried to use “Auto-Fill” based on the column – picture 4. It is the same, the “On Behalf Of” value seems not available.

Any idea if there is a way to make “On Behalf Of “ value available to use when the associated item form loads?

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • picture1.jpg
  • picture2.jpg
  • picture3.jpg
  • picture4.jpg

Hi @michellefu,

• Please ensure that ‘On Behalf Of’ column in the main list is filled before creating a new associated item from NITRO Associated Items column.
  • Please confirm that ‘On Behalf Of’ is a person or group column in the main list and in the associated list.

Yes, both of the items are confirmed.

• ‘On Behalf Of’ column in the main list is filled before creating a new associated item from NITRO Associated Items column.
  • ‘On Behalf Of’ is a person or group column in the main list and in the associated list.

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi @michellefu,

We have tried column mappings in NITRO Associated Items column and are not able to reproduce this issue locally. The child list columns are mapping as expected. Please send us the following details:

• Screenshot of column settings of ‘On Behalf Of’ column from parent and child list. Please include column internal name in the screenshots.
  • Let us know if ‘OnBehalfOfEmail’ column is mapped in child list form as expected.

Thanks for reply. I want to mention both ‘On Behalf Of’ and ‘OnBehalfOfEmail’ columns were mapped correctly for the child associated items. The issue was I tried to use the value of "‘On Behalf Of’" in the form load function for the associated item to get other values (cost center in our case). At this time, both "On Behalf Of’" and ‘OnBehalfOfEmail’ values are not available to use.

Thanks,

Michelle