Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Getting submitted documents to associated library

I'm looking to find out the best or most practical way of getting documents that get submitted in a list to an associated doc library.

Use case:
Vendors are reviewed annually and, depending on the level of risk associated with them, require updated documents to be submitted. These documents then get added to an associated Vendor Documents library. The current thought process is to copy/move the attached documents from the Review list to the Vendor Documents library, but I'm, wondering if there's a way that makes more sense, e.g. use a script action to, in essence, have the user upload directly to the doc library from the review form.

It seems like a script action that triggers an Upload Document action would make the most sense to me, but that requires adding a folder, which we don't use; we organize all documents by metadata instead.

Any insight is appreciated.
-Thanks

Hi @davisa,

Have you looked into using a NITRO Associated Items Column on the form to directly upload documents to the Vendor Documents library? When the person using the form clicks "New Item" (which can be changed to say "New Document" or "New Vendor Document", etc), they'll have the option to enter metadata and will be able to upload the document from their local computer. If there is any reason that won't work, let me know, and we can explore other options.

DavisA has reacted to this post.
DavisA

Thanks for the quick response, James. I think that will probably work!

Okay, so this worked fantastically for that use case, so thank you!

I have another related one that I thought this would also be the solution, but the customer still wants to be able to use the default Attachments so they can upload in bulk.

Use Case:
When requesting to use a new vendor, the vendor must go through a vetting process. Part of that process involves info gathering and recording. The users upload their documents as attachments to the request and if the vendor clears the vetting process they are entered as a new vendor in our master vendors list and the documents are to be moved to a document library as part of the retention policy. This document library, again, doesn't use folders, just metadata.

What's going to be our best way of going from Attachments to Doc Library?

Thanks!

Hi

We are planning to add this support in NITRO Workflows in next few weeks.