Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Grouping on Dates not working

Here are the the same views. One in Sharepoint webpart the other is using CC List. Cannot get CC to use the grouping correctly. Any heklp would be appreciated. Please look at the attachement for clarity.

Uploaded files:
  • Capture.JPG

Hi @skigeek,

We tried this with both a date only column and a date and time column. The grouping worked in both cases. Please navigate to list settings and click on ReportDate column and take a screenshot of the settings of this column and send it to us. Also, please send us the screenshot of NITRO list view settings.

Thank you.
Crow Canyon Team.

Hi @skigeek,

Thanks for sending the details. We believe the issue is due to 'ReportDate' column having some time part as well. If that time is different for items with same date then in grouping they come under different groups. Even though this is a date only column, SharePoint always stores time behind the scenes. Is this value getting set by some automated process like a workflow? If manually created, then time will always be 12:00 AM and that will be fine, but with automated processes it may have a different time with same date.

We are considering an update to NITRO list view to consider only the date part for grouping (and ignoring the time). We will let you know when it is released.

Thank you.
Crow Canyon Team.

I am using a Nitro Forms for the entry of these rows. The only customization I had done is on the On load of the Form Event Actions to limit the working day and not allow entries on the weekends.

var objControl = $("#ccs_control_ReportDate").data("kendoDatePicker");
var oldOptions = objControl.options;
oldOptions.disableDates = ["su", "sa"];
objControl.setOptions(oldOptions);

Is there a way to force the time from the kendoDatePicker to always be 12PM. Then all my dates in sharepoint would group correctly? or is there a way to reformat the date in a custom action?

Hi @skigeek,

For date only columns, by default the time is 12:00 AM. Even after applying this customization, time remains as 12 AM and I have verified this on my side. You can temporarily change the 'ReportDate' column settings to enable time part to see the value of time stored for these dates. You can open SharePoint view of the items to see the time. After that you can revert it back to date only.

If time is 12 AM for items with same date, but in grouping these are shown separately, then we can do a session to investigate.

If time is different, then manually create a couple of items with same date (after reverting the column back to date only and clearing browser cache). And then check if time is same or different.

Thank you.
Crow Canyon Team.

I have tried multipe things including what you had suggested... I have also removed that column and created a new one. If I use Forms or manualy create a row, if it is date only and then change it back to datetime the times are always different. I cannot get them to default to a 12:00 AM. I cleared the cache. I also created a brand new table and tried the same with no success. :< Strange that it is working for you...Thanks

If I do not use Nitro forms and add a new item to the list and i have a date column that is set to date only it does default to 12:00AM. Works like a charm. But as soon as I use Nitro forms with the date picker it somehow is pickoing up the current time. I have validated this by setting the colum to date only and adding a new record using Nitro Forms. Then I go back into the list and change the colum ffrom date only to date and time and it is storing the time it was entered. All I want to do is somehow default the datepicker time to 12:00AM no matter what. It should not be that diffuicult.

Hi @skigeek,

Can we set up a screenshare session to see what you are experiencing and see if we can figure out why it's different than what we see on our side? Please send an email to sharepointsupport@crowcanyon.com, and we'll schedule a session. Thank you!

James

We have released an update for Crow Canyon List View to consider only the date part for grouping (and ignoring the time). Please clear browser cache and check the result.