Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hide attachments section if not on a specific tab

I have a form that has four tabs. I would like to hide the Attachments section if the tab called Documents is not the active tab. How would I craft a condition to do that?

The Attachments section does not have a way to show/not show depending on the tab. It is either shown on the form, no matter which tab is active, or not shown (you can right-click in the Attachment bar and a "Delete" option will show up. To add it back in, go to Form Controls and it will be listed along with Line/HTML, Table, and the others there.)

For what you wish to accomplish, I would suggest hiding the Attachments and using the NITRO Attachments Column instead. This is accessed from the Create Column drop list in the top ribbon. Once you select that Column, it will ask you the name of the column and the text for the button. Once saved, this now becomes a Column in Form Controls/SharePoint Columns, and you can add it to the Documents tab by simply dragging it over.

Since it is on the Documents tab only, it will only show on that tab, when in the New or Edit mode of the form. (In the Display mode, it will show any files that have been added.) All the features of the standard Attachments field plus a number of other capabilities are available in the NITRO Attachments Column.

Thank you. I'd forgotten about the Nitro Attachments column. That worked great.