Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to set permissions on a custom action?

I have a custom action that I only want to be displayed if the logged in user has a certain classification. The classificaion is a property with in Azure and also carried in a custom list as a column on our site (User Profiles). My form has seperate new, edit and display forms. I was going to use auto-fill but that is not available under the display form. How might I approach this?

Hi @skigeek,

Auto-fill user information settings fill the column values in new and edit form, not in display form. When a user views an item, their details are not populated on the form.

Please follow below steps to show custom actions to those users who have certain classification:

1. Create an AD group > Add all the users to this group who have certain classification.
  2. Allow Crow Canyon to access the Azure Active Directory.
    Navigate to the site > Site settings > Site Administration > Crow Canyon NITRO Site Settings > Expand ‘Azure Active Directory Connection Settings’ section > Click ‘Grant Permissions’ button for ‘Allow Crow Canyon Azure AD API to read from Azure Active Directory’ to enable the connection > Click ‘Test Connection’ button after granting permissions.
  3. Grant permissions to the AD group.
    Go to Site settings > Users and Permissions > Site permissions > Click ‘Grant Permissions’ button and grant required permissions to the AD group.
    Note: Adding AD groups in SharePoint groups is not supported.
  4. Edit the custom action that should be visible to users with certain classification > Click ‘Conditions’ button from CUSTOM ACTION ribbon > Configure condition settings as shown in the screenshot > Click Ok > Publish the custom action and check the result.
Uploaded files:
  • UserConditionsCA_1.png
  • UserConditionsCA_2.png