Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

List View web part.

Is there anyway of performing the same functionaloity as dynamic filtering with standard sharpoint lists. I would  just use sharepoint list webpart but cannot go across munltiple sites.  Thanks

Hi @skigeek

With the SharePoint list webpart, you can use the filters as per what SharePoint offers in the List View settings. They are not as robust as what our webpart offers, and I don't think you can achieve the level of dynamic filtering that we offer without custom scripting on the SharePoint list web part.

Thank you for your response, but still confused on how to accomplish this. I want to have 2 list views on a page and when i select the first row in the first list I want it to only show its associated records in the 2nd list. So as i move through the 1st list the second list gets updated dynamically. Basicall a 1 to many. I know that I can create an assoicated column, but I may have 1 to 200 records, and was worried about that limitation. This is more of a second question.

Thanks

Have you tried this with SharePoint OOTB?

1. Add a 'List' webpart for the 1st list
  2. Add a second 'List' webpart for the 2nd list
  3. In the 2nd list, turn on 'Dynamic filtering' and add the matching column from THAT list (2nd), and the related column in the 1st list.

However, both lists/libraries DO have to be in the same site.

Uploaded files:
  • 2024-04-25-09_03_41-Dynamic_Filter.png