Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A couple of weeks ago a user showed me how they would click new on a nitro forms list and an animation would appear that would say loading with 4 circles. They re-opened their browser (Edge), restarted their PC but nothing would stop this from happening. I forgot all about it.
Since then 2 other people have shown me exactly the same behaviour and have no way to diagnose.
Just wondered if there was a certain situation that would cause this? Same domain/browser/windows version/permissions as all the other people who do not experience this issue. The form has a lookup column to another list but all users have access to this list too. The form also users auto-fill from AD but I'm not sure there would be an issue retrieving these users info but not others (just brainstorming what could be causing the form to not load)

Any ideas?

Please let us know if this issue is consistent for the reported users. Also, let us know if this is specific to a browser or common across browsers.

If this issue is intermittent, please capture screenshots of browser console (F12 --> Console) when this happens again and send them to sharepointsupport@crowcanyon.com email and we will get back.

Please let us know if this is happening in all lists or particular list. Also, please create a new list with few columns and try NITRO forms in it. We are trying to narrow down if this is a list specific issue or a generic one.

@crow-canyon-support
Have worked it out and fixed it.
Seems users need to have access to the site assets folder else they get a failure to apply style sheet error and the page just sits there.
Until now I had only given users access to the libraries where they would use forms rather than the site as a whole.

Those people who it worked for were all part of the testing team... so when the form went live the problems started for the other staff 🙂
Giving all staff contribute at the site level fixed the issue

Yes, you are correct. We store the NITRO forms settings files under Site Assets library (Site Assets --> CCS --> Forms) and if user do not have permissions on this library, it will result in this error.

To add more details, users need to have contribute permissions on the list, related lookup lists (if any) and 'Site Assets' library to ensure that they are able to use NITRO forms for the list.