Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lookup value in a condition

I have 2 tables
1. Trips
2. Travel
It is a 1 trip to many travels. If I have a lookup column that is in the travel list that refers back to the trips list, and it is based on ID. When I am wanting to do some permissions on the travel form which references a condition on the trips form (Status). How do i put that in a condition?

TripsLookup is the lookup back to trips,  but under TripsLookup.Status is what I want to compare against. Thanks

If you look at the screen shot, I want to put TripsLookup.Stats = "Closed"

Uploaded files:
  • Capture.JPG

Hi,

We can use form event actions in NITRO forms to achieve this. Please create a column 'Trips Status' in Travels list and configure the form event actions as shown below:

1. Configure form event action on load
  2. Configure fetch item action to get the 'Trip' item.
  3. Configure update item action to update the Status of Trip in 'Travels' list
  4. Configure permissions based on the 'Trips Status' column in Travels list.

Uploaded files:
  • FEA1.png
  • GetTrip.png
  • Update-Trip-Status.png
  • Column-Mappings.png
skigeek has reacted to this post.
skigeek

Almost working... The one question I have is it works in edit but it does not work in display. I am I doing something incorrect? The first capture is the display, the second is the edit and the third are the parameters that I am using. Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • Capture1.JPG
  • Capture2.JPG
  • Capture3.JPG

Hi @skigeek,

Please configure a custom action to update ‘Trip Status’ column in item display form and trigger the custom action from NITRO Forms. Following are the steps:

1. Navigate to Travels list > Custom Actions (from List ribbon) > Configure a new custom action > Add ‘Query List’ action to query Trips list.
  2. Add ‘Update List Item’ action to update ‘Trip Status’ column as shown in the screenshot > Publish the custom action.
  3. Navigate to NITRO Forms designer for Travels list > Expand ‘Actions’ section from left-hand panel > Drag and drop ‘Custom Action’ on to the form > Select the custom action configured in above steps > Apply button settings > Publish the NITRO Forms.

Please note that custom action button is visible only in NITRO display form. Click this button to update ‘Trip Status’ column in NITRO display form.

Uploaded files:
  • Trip_1.png
  • Trip_2.png
  • Trip_3.png