Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looping Workflows Released for NITRO Studio! (2.0.0.68)

We recently released the Loop Control feature for both Custom Actions and NITRO Workflows. What this means is that you can now iterate through a group of actions multiple times and take action on multiple items in the same workflow!

Some examples are if you want to create tasks over a specified date range, you can set the start and end date in your workflow (which can also be dynamically controlled by fields on a form) and run it once to create many tasks.

Another example is if you want to create Asset records in SharePoint, you can specify how many Assets you want created, point the workflow to a template, and create as many Assets as needed. You could also create multiple types of Assets by combining the loop control with the gateway control to send your workflow in multiple directions to pick up different templates at different points in the loop.

With a great many possibilities for automating tedious tasks, the Loop Control adds more power to the already powerful NITRO Studio suite of applications. We wrote up an article showing how the Loop Control works and provided a few examples of how to use it. I also held a workshop on October 12th to go through the Loop Control in detail. Visit the links below to learn more!

Loop Control Article: Configuration of Loop feature in Custom Actions and NITRO Workflows - Crow Canyon Software Support

Loop Control Use Cases: Sample Use Cases for Loop Feature in Custom Actions and NITRO Workflows - Crow Canyon Software Support

NITRO Studio Workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjPm0z6NDU

We are using On Prem, which I know has a slightly different release schedule. We have the Loop Control for Custom Actions but not for workflows. Is there something I need to enable to get it in workflows?

-Thanks