Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Report not using View Settings

Hi there,

I'm encountering an issue while utilizing a report as a part of our dashboard to showcase incoming and outgoing email volume categorized by Department. To streamline the view, I've established a 'Top 10' view as the default, sorting the list by volume and restricting the items returned to 10. The intention is to modify the reported departments and their sequence using this view.

In NITRO Reports, I incorporated the list and assigned the 'Top 10' view. Subsequently, I added series for both Incoming and Outgoing fields as column charts, allowing stacking. However, when previewing the Report in either preview mode or the web part, it displays ALL items in ALPHABETICAL order instead of following the defined view. Given our extensive list of over 30 different departments, this arrangement makes it challenging to easily identify the top 5 departments at a glance.

Is there a specific method required to enable the report to utilize the view (under List Details) as the data source? Alternatively, is there a way to sort and restrict columns within a series report, akin to the functionality available for single value reports?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance provided!

Thanks in advance.