Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Weekly Notification from list

Hi All

I have list being used as a stationery order form for staff

The items are a multiselect checkbox column.

They also select their name form the staff list and the date the order was placed.  Pretty simple.

There is a single line text for OTHER if what they want is not in the list.

Is there a way for a flow (or maybe custom action) to once a week look at the list and send a summary saying 2 staplers, 3 scissors, 10 envelopes have been requested? Plus get what is in the other column if other is checked? Can it then mark that line item as notified so the following week it does not count those already done?

Maybe its a combination of actions? Happy for suggestions to do something completley different if thats better.

Hope you can assist.

Thanks

I would think this could be done through the use of separate processing list.

When an item gets added, a workflow takes the value of the multi-select field and sets it to a variable. Then the workflow splits the variable and adds each requested item (staples, envelopes, etc.) to the processing list as a single entry. You could then run a scheduled workflow once a week on the processing list to get all of a given item (e.g. Title = "Staples") with a Created date that is >= ({Today} - 7) and have a custom yes/no field (e,g, "Processed") set to No setting their IDs as a variableCollection (e.g, "allStaples", "allEnvelopes", etc.). Then use the $count() function on each variableCollection to list the value in the email ("Staples to be ordered - $count(allStaples)"). Finally, after the email is sent update each of the IDs in allStaples to set their "Processed" field to Yes.

Of course, there may very well be an easier way, but that's where I would start if faced with this.