Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What happens if the workflow history lists are deleted

I have managed to get quite a collection of workflow history lists collected up in one of my apps.

What happens if
1. You delete all the list items?
2. Delete the list itself?

These are just log lists, similar to log files. Nothing will happen, except the data will be gone. If you delete the list entirely, you can choose to recreate the list through the Workflow Manager tool. So, go right ahead and delete!

I know this thread is a little old so I hope it's still being monitored...

We have a library with the Internal name of 'CCReceiptsApproved' and we have since added a dash in the External name of 'CCReceipts-Approved', and now we can no longer get to a history list. It appears Workflow Manager uses the External name in the URL so it never creates the History list and gives a Page Not Found error when clicking the link, since the Internal name is the actual address. It looks like you have to go with the pre-defined name(s) for the history list and so we cannot fix it with a custom name. How can we create and use a History List in this situation?

Thanks!

Uploaded files:
  • Library-URL.png
  • History-List-naming-options.png

Hi

We have tried this on our side and we see that history list is created but the navigation link in the workflow is incorrect. We will fix this issue soon and will let you know.

Meanwhile, you can access the history list from Site Contents.

?