Crow Canyon NITRO Studio is an easy to use no-code solution that provides the components to build highly configurable applications in SharePoint online. We have upgraded our applications (IT, Facilities, Requests Management, Purchasing etc.) to take advantage of NITRO capabilities. This article provides the details of upgrading existing applications to new NITRO based versions.
Important points to note:
- Only application settings and configuration are updated, there is no change in application data
- NITRO Studio needs to be installed in customer site collection. Crow Canyon can assist in this step as required
- Though there is not much downtime during the upgrade, it is preferable to do this during non-business hours
Please refer NITRO Studio Components for more details description about NITRO components.
Please refer NITRO Studio Video Library for videos on new NITRO capabilities.
- Prior to upgrading the Crow Canyon application, we need to install the new NITRO Studio and other related apps in the root site of the site collection. Detailed process is described in this article
- After the NITRO Studio and related apps are installed successfully in the root site of the site collection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that our support personnel will schedule a session for the application upgrade.
- During upgrade session, logged in user should have site collection admin rights
- If the Workflow Manager is already upgraded then there will be no down time during the NITRO upgrade. Otherwise, there will be around 15-30 minutes downtime depends up on the complexity of configured workflows. Please refer this article for more details about Workflow Manger upgrade process.
- As part of this upgrade, our old Crow Canyon apps related features will be migrated to our new NITRO Studio based solutions including Forms, Reports etc. There will be no real downtime, however, this migration process takes around 15 minutes so we can consider this as downtime/maintenance window.
- Next Step is to convert the list forms to NITRO Forms. This conversion will not have any downtime. We will get all the forms configured and then finally publish to convert the forms. After this users will start noticing the form UI changes. Please find the sample screenshots of the list forms before and after upgrade at the end of this article.
- All the users can continue using the application during this upgrade
- Email to Ticket conversion functionality will continue to work without any interruptions during this upgrade
- Old Forms Manager based forms (Tabs on top of standard SharePoint list forms) will be converted to Crow Canyon NITRO Forms
- Existing categories, issue types, notification utility configurations, quick launch links, top link bar links, Application Administration and all other custom features/configurations will work as is after the upgrade
- Existing Tickets and other lists data etc. won’t have any impact
- There is no additional cost involved for this upgrade
Screenshot 1: Sample Asset Form before NITRO upgrade
Screenshot 2: Sample Asset Form after NITRO upgrade