This article describes the steps to install the Crow Canyon NITRO Studio for SharePoint On-Premises.
- SharePoint should be installed and configured (SharePoint 2013/2016/2019) and server should be in stable state.
- Go to Central Admin –> System Settings –> Manage Servers in the farm, all the SharePoint servers in the farm should be at “No Action Required” or “Upgrade Available” state.
- Logged in user should be a domain user, local admin and a member of Farm Administrators group in SharePoint.
- Logged in user should have owner rights on SharePoint Admin content database, SharePoint configuration database and target web application’s content database.
- SharePoint Timer Service and SharePoint Administration services should be in running state.
- In case if multiple servers are present in the farm, these services should be in running state in all the SharePoint servers
- Execute pending Admin Jobs before start setup, please follow below instructions
- Stop SharePoint Timer Service and SharePoint Administration services in SharePoint server
- Run administrator command prompt from SharePoint server, change the directory to SharePoint hive location
- SharePoint 2013:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN
- SharePoint 2016/SharePoint 2019:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\BIN
- SharePoint 2013:
- Run below command
STSADM.EXE -o execadmsvcjobs
- Expected Output: It will show executing message for any pending admin jobs and shows “Operations completed successfully” message at the end.
- Start SharePoint Timer Service and SharePoint Administration Services
- If there are multiple servers in the SharePoint Farm, repeat the same steps in all the servers in the farm.
- Ensure that following URLs and IP Addresses are accessible from SharePoint server(s)
- URLs: https://nitrostudio.azurewebsites.net, https://ccsportal.azurewebsites.net
- IP Addresses: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
|SharePoint Version||Package Name (Please contact Crow Canyon for package)
Package contains SharePoint solution files and Power Shell scripts:
Summary of steps
- Prepare the solutions
- Add and deploy the solutions in the SharePoint Server
- Activate features to a site collection
- Activate NITRO for a site
- Create Portal Site (Optional)
- Register License
- Extract the files from *.zip file that contains list of Crow Canyon solutions (*.wsp) along with two PowerShell scripts (*.ps1) and copy them to the SharePoint server.
- In case if there are multiple SharePoint servers exist in the SharePoint farm, we can copy the solutions to one of the servers that has “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application” service running.
It is possible that the extracted files are blocked as they are downloaded from internet. To unblock the files, Right click on each file –> Properties –> Unblock the file as shown below
- Note that there will be a downtime of 2-3 minutes in the SharePoint Server during the solutions deployment.
- To add and deploy the Crow Canyon solutions in the SharePoint Server, please open SharePoint Management Shell (run as Administrator) and change the directory to the NITRO install package as shown below
- Enter “
.\NITRO_Install.ps1” and hit enter to start solutions installation.
- It prompts for the web application URL to deploy the solutions. Please provide the Web application URL and hit enter as shown below
- This will add and deploy all the Crow Canyon solutions (*.wsp) in the SharePoint Server. Open SharePoint Central Administration –> System Settings –> Farm Management –> Manage farm solutions and please wait until all the solutions status changes to “Deployed”.
- Note: If the solutions are already present in the SharePoint server then those solutions will be upgraded.
- If we would like to use the NITRO in other web applications, please go to Solution Management –> click on “crowcanyon.workflowmanager.wsp” solution –> deploy to the required web application(s) as needed.
Note: In case of any errors during the solution deployment, please refer “Troubleshooting steps in case above process does not work:” section from https://www.crowcanyon.help/article/311/.
- Run “NITRO_ActivateFeatures.ps1” from the SharePoint Management Shell to activate the NITRO features to the required site. Enter “
.\NITRO_ActivateFeatures.ps1” and hit enter to start activating the NITRO features. It prompts for a site collection URL, please provide the target site URL and hit enter as shown below
- Output: Success message appears in the PowerShell as “Crow Canyon NITRO Features activation is completed” as shown below
- Navigate to the site collection provided in #3 above and go to gear icon (cog) in the top right corner as shown below
- Click on Crow Canyon NITRO Studio that takes us to the NITRO Studio Admin page where it list out all the sub sites present in the site collection as shown below.
- To activate NITRO Studio for a site, click on “Activate” link for the corresponding site as shown below
- Activation process starts and it shows the progress as shown below
- Wait until success message appears and then click on Ok as shown below
- Go to Site Collection –> Site settings –> Site Collection Administration –> Site collection features and ensure the below site collection features are activated as shown below.
- With the above step, NITRO is activated for the site. Refer https://www.crowcanyon.info/nitro/appmanual_v2/ for user manual of NITRO Apps.
- In order to create portal site, navigate to the site collection and go to gear icon (cog) in the top right corner as shown below
- Click on Crow Canyon Power Portal and click on New Portal site as shown below
- Provide the Portal site URL, title and specify the license as shown below and click on Ok
- Wait until success message appears as shown below and click on Ok
- Please refer https://www.crowcanyon.info/nitro/appmanual_v2/index.html?portal-settings.html to configure the portal as needed
- By default the NITRO studio comes with 45 days trial license. To get the subscription farm licenses, please send the SharePoint Farm Id to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the needful. To know the Farm Id of the SharePoint server, open SharePoint Management Shell and type the command as shown belowCommand:
- If the NITRO Studio is purchased for particular site(s), along with the SharePoint Farm Id, send us the site URL(s) (both NITRO sites and corresponding portal sites if any) and we will register the subscription license for those site(s).
Please contact email@example.com in case of any queries regarding the installation process.