Crow Canyon Software Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Removing FW: and $mapping from the Outlook > Sharepoint add-in

Do you get a ton of emails? Are you constantly telling people to submit a ticket? Crow Canyon made a sweet add-in for Outlook to simplify that.

My team loves the Outlook add-in with all of the email requests we get, and our ticket creation rate has increased significantly since we implemented the use of it. For those that don't know what this is, check out this great article.

The only "problem" is that it creates the ticket title as: FW: need help URGENT $mapping

To solve this, I created a quick workflow and wanted to share it with the group.

To start, navigate to Nitro Studio Apps > Nitro Workflows > New Workflow

Workflow Name: Remove FW and mapping

List: Tickets

When: an item is modified

Enable the Trigger Option for processing on automatic items created. (Sharepoint App creates the item since it's being converted from an Email Ticket)

Conditions

When Title contains $mapping

Actions

New Action > Update Item

Items: Current

Column Mappings

Column Name: Title

Column Value: $regextract([Title|Title],@FW: (.+) \$mapping)

Save it all and your tickets will now change from:

to

DavisA has reacted to this post.
DavisA

Hi Matt,

This is really helpful, thanks for posting this great article. One change we can suggest is to configure workflow on item modified event instead of on item created event. There are other processes that run on Ticket create and this will help in avoiding save conflicts. When a Ticket is created, product app will update the CaseId of the Ticket immediately, so we can configure workflow on item modified event after the product app update. For that, please add one more condition in the workflow i.e. 'CaseId' equal afterchange:[[Any]] . This will mean workflow will run only when CaseId is modified, which will happen immediately after item is created.

DavisA has reacted to this post.
DavisA

Great point! I have made modifications in my instructions.