Applies to: SharePoint On-Premises and SharePoint Online
Crow Canyon service request application standard auto notifications takes the from address from standard notifications utilities and will send mails to recipients. As part of the standard installation configurations, from address in different environments are configured as described below:
On-premises: The notifications utilities takes the “from address” from the SharePoint Central Administration, Outgoing Email settings if the “From Address” columns left blank in notification utilities.
Online: “From Address” is mandatory to configure in Notification utilities. In general it is “email@example.com”
There is a feature “Email To Ticket conversion and Email Capture” in both environments. For enabling this feature, in On-Premises environment, incoming email settings need to be configured for the “Email Tickets” list and for online version, Email Sync app setting need to be configured for the desired mailbox. If we use this incoming email address as from address for outgoing notifications then whenever the user reply back to the auto notification and/or technician mail, it goes back to SharePoint application and will be captured as part of the “Email History”. To achieve this, we will need to configure “From Address” as incoming email address which may not have the associated user account.
By design “From Address” column is a person or group field so it could resolve only valid user account. To configure custom from address recreate the “From Address” as “Single line of Text” field in all notification utilities.
Steps to recreate the “From Address” Field:
– Delete the “From Address” field and recreate a new single line of text column with the field name as “FromAddress”, (please make sure that there is no space between two words). Later the display name can be set as “From Address”.
The above step needs to be done in all the notification utility lists mentioned below:
– Notification on Ticket Creation (Online and On-Premises)
– Notification on Ticket Assignment (Online and On-Premises)
– Notification on Ticket completion (Online and On-Premises)
– Notification on Incoming Email (Online and On-Premises)
– Notification on Ticket Resolution (On-Premises only)
– Notification on Ticket Reactivation (On-Premises only)
– Auto Status Utility (On-Premises only)
– SLA Definition (On-Premises only)
Edit all the above utility items, enter the desired from address and save.