Outgoing email issues in Crow Canyon SharePoint Online based application
Recipients are not receiving any notifications from Crow Canyon Application
1. If users are not receiving any auto notifications i.e. Notification on Ticket Creation, Assignment, Completion then verify the users (Requester, Assigned Staff, Notify Staff, Assigned Team etc) in Auto Notification utilities in Crow Canyon Application (go to Crow Canyon helpdesk site –>Application Administration –> Notifications–> Notification on Ticket Creation/Assignment/Completion).
2. Check the “Send Mails” list and verify if the unassigned, assigned or closed notification email items are getting created in the list or not. Mails are sent based on items created in this list.
To check this go to Site Contents –> Send Mails list -> Verify the items are created in this list (you can search with Ticket CaseId in the “Title”)
Ex: Assignment email item in Send Mails list
3. If the send mails items are created but still mails are not received then verify the Workflow logs:
Go to Application Administration –> Crow Canyon Nitro Apps –> Nitro Workflow –> Click “Information” on workflows configured on ‘Send Mails‘ list and verify if there are any errors.
Note: If you have configured other workflows with Send Mail action and mails are not received then check the logs for that workflow similar to above.
4. Add IP address
184.108.40.206 as safe sender in your exchange server. Note that this IP is used for only timer based mails, not the item updated/created/deleted mails. Also add the sender addresses of these mails (from address) as safe senders on your side (you can find the from address in Crow Canyon Application in Notification Utilities, Advanced Emails, Workflow Manager etc.)
5. Check with your exchange administrator if mails are getting blocked at your end. Crow Canyon uses a third party service ‘Send Grid’ for outgoing emails. Crow Canyon support can check logs of this service and provide you information on whether mail is delivered or blocked. If mail is delivered from this service then issue has to be sorted out at your exchange level
6. Refer this FAQ to configure your own mailbox for outgoing emails: https://www.crowcanyon.help/article/349
7. If you still have issues after configuring internal mailbox, please check the logs for below exception.
In the NITRO Workflow logs, we see exceptions in Debug log column of log list item.
Exception: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail. Error: 535 5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for the Mailbox.
This is possible if the mailbox used in NITRO Workflows does not have SMTP Authentication enabled.
Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/authenticated-client-smtp-submission and enable SMTP authentication for the mailbox.